By Bizwan Kirunda

12th May 2021

President Yoweri Kaguta Tibuhaburwa Museveni has promised Uganda, four sectors that are to spar the country’s growth and development; Commercial Agriculture, Industrialization, Human resources capital or service development and ICT.

In his inaugural address shortly after swearing in for the next five year political term 2021-2026 at Kololo Ceremonial grounds said only 40% of Uganda’s productive population has awaken helping the country achieve the current surplus in the production of goods in Uganda and efforts are to target the remaining 60% to create income instead of relying on subsistence means.

Museveni 76, says Uganda and Africa in general is suffering from ideological problem, ever not believing in themselves yet no one regards them important hence its upon the efforts of the current leadership to assist African race into a centre of gravity like the United States of America among other western areas.

He said politics is over its now work in this “Kisanja katonda gyali” it will ensure free education for all, provision of drugs, protection of Bibanja owners, improvement on feeder roads, fighting of corruption and provision of wealth money for borrowing to support income.

Museveni says Economic and Political integration of Africa starting with East African countries that was envisioned by the grate forefathers Julius Nyerere and Jomo Kenyatta in 1963 is the opportunity to social-economic transformation of Africa.

On the part of international police Museveni reiterated his stand for west to support African than creating enemies and trouble that has always degenerated into suffering like in Lybia, Chard, Mali and Central African Republic leaving many Africans and all black people suffering.

On the global pandemic Covid-19 Museveni said Uganda is ready to develop its vaccine but before that the country will resume to full operational capacity after vaccinating 4.8 million people, currently only around 374,000 Ugandan have been vaccinated.

President Museveni came to power in 1986 and if he completes this political term he will have clocked 40 years in power and the longest serving president since the country got independence in 1962.

Wednesday 12th May 2021 07:09:51 PM