By Ben Musanje
23rd March 2020
The Ministry of Health has clarified that there are no COVID-19 suspected cases in Jinja.
This follows allegations on social media claimed that a second person suspected of having COVID-19 and was among those in Ethiopian airline from Dubai had been picked from Jinja Njeru with some others who may have been associated with him today hiding.
According to the statement released by the Senior Public Relations Officer Emmanuel Ainebyona, the Jinja District Health officer has indicated that people being referred to be undergoing self-quarantine.
He says that they have since been moved to Jinja Referral Hospital to complete their 14-day quarantine hence calling on the public to disregard all social media posts that have been making rounds.
Ainebyona however urges the public to verify information related to COVID-19 with Ministry of Health through whatsApp number 0706428093.
Meanwhile, Fred Enanga the police spokesperson says that together with the Ministry of Health, they yesterday managed to siege one Christine Kabegu who was in self-quarantine after returning from Rwanda on Friday last week to Kabira Village in Namuntuku parish- Mityana district.
Kabegu is undergoing medical monitoring by health experts according to Enanga.